Friday 5 June 2015

Exquisite Getaways with Hyundai

 

Goa has meant many things to me over the years and surprisingly it still keeps me coming back for more. As I was growing up I remember my first proper vacation to the seaside town with my family. We visited churches, ate delicious sea food and roamed the local markets. Then in my teens I returned with my friends on week long vacations in the summer months, soaking up the sun and returning home with empty pockets and three shades darker than when we left. Later on it became the place to bring in the New Year and I began to explore life after the sun went down - eventually waking up around sunset and after a hard night of partying only falling asleep after sunrise Nowadays, I find myself looking to find new ways to enjoy this beautiful little seaside paradise.

This time around I aim to just kick back and relax without a care in the world. Having done it all before I'm in no hurry to do anything for two days. So one Saturday morning we loaded up the new Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna with our bags and headed for the coast with absolutely no plan at all. We decided to take the route via NH-4 and only turning off at Belgaum rather than the more popular route via Kolhapur. Post Belgaum you're treated to some nice winding roads that twist and turn through the outskirts of the Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary. Here the Verna was a delight to drive with its good ride quality and agile handling shining through. 

On Sunday we headed straight to the beach to spend a day watching the waves. We picked a beach that was far from the touristy crowd and has a great little beach shack that considers us regulars and settled down for the long haul We sunbathed a little, read a good book and then had a quick swim in the cool waters. And eventually we realized that between the frequent refreshing drinks, constant flow of snacks and the power naps after, we had spent the better part of a day by the beach. And that, in my books, is the perfect way to spend a vacation in Goa. We were relaxed, rejuvenated and completely ready to head back to work to make some more dough to spend on-another fabulous vacation in the sun.


Source: Overdrive

No comments:

Post a Comment